Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Love this image from @leahyetterphotographer
You may remember this look from your first date on a cold night, when your date wrapped his sport coat around your shoulders to keep you warm. How sweet, how romantic, how…FASHIONABLE? Although I do not understand the purpose of … Continue reading
Bigger is better. Make the plan, POP
My favorite thing about winter: it is the one time of year where too much is never enough. I love that more is more, and bundling up is totally acceptable.
Favorite Winter Pieces
1- Soft Silhouettes. I love LOVE love texture this winter. I am trying to purchase things that feel warm and look soft. Adding texture to an outfit really gives comfort and warmth to a look.
2- FUR. Not that I am in the business of furs, but I do love to fake it. A great vest, fur scarf OR glamorous coat can work if you’d let it. (Please Note: Full coats can only work in the coldest of places, and all other furs should atleast look real –do it right! c’mon folks!)
3- LONG COATS!—Kimye got this right this season sporting their his and her long coats. I love a long coat not only is it a fabulous first impression, but it also is extremely practical in cold weather because it covers more of your body and protects it from the elements.
4- A great pair of boots! “Short ones, tall ones, ones as big as your leg!”
5- Long Sweaters paired with leggings and boots. A classic day to day look. Comfort at its best.
***SCARVES- Layer up the scarves this season. Go for texture, color and length. The longer the scarf the better. Or for an added bonus try doubling up to totally different scarves.
Remember this season: MORE IS MORE layer it up, bundle up and for god sake stay warm!
48 hours of a Christmas Story on TBS! Can’t Wait
” I could only hope a man would love me enough to name a great handbag after me.” – jennifer fernandez
The Ricky is my fav bag.
LOVE THE BAG LOVE THE LADY WHO THE BAG WAS NAMED AFTER. MmMmMm good.
grab your brella girl and get out in the world. GO BE SEEN.
1. Sequin Zipper Pouch 2. Tadashi Shoji One-Shoulder Sequined Cocktail Dress 3. Eileen Fisher Sequin Fluff Poncho 4. Sunday Dress 5. Shoshanna Minka Lace Dress 6. Glitter High Heeled Court Shoe 7. French Connection Pants – Ozlem Sequin Skinny 8. … Continue reading
I love a great party, but what I love even more than a great party …. A GREAT PARTY OUTFIT!
This season try making a statement without saying a word. Christmas is a great holiday fashion season because you are aloud to be a bit bolder with what you wear. Whether you are sparkling, shining or wearing an outfit that is bigger than life, Christmas is def. fashion’s couture season of the year.
Five Tips to Holiday Fashion:
1. SHOES matter, it is getting cold but this doesn’t mean we have to wear Uggs day and night. Find a flashy pump with some embellishments or even a satin gem tone finish. I love that you can wear a shoe during the holidays that you probably couldnt pull off any other time of the year, but because of the time frame glitz and glam need no invite and the flashiest of shoes can be worn with jeans and a simple top or with a great dress and a naughty cocktail. If you don’t want to wear a pump you can always opt for a great bootie with a heel, stud or print. If that is not your look an extra tall boot is always simple and sexy.
2. SHINE– tis the season of lights and the only season that you can get away with TONS of glitter and sparkle. Now I am no year round glitz girl, but I love to shine during the holidays. Find a shiny fabric or a bedazzled jacket for a little kick.
3. Warm is in! I love the bundled look when its cold outside. Even if you have a hot hot dress for the night, do NOT forget your coat. This being said, make your coat count. A basic cold weather jacket will not do. INVEST in a great jacket, something warm that looks soft and can last you years. This season a great statement coat, is an awesome investment. Try a different color, texture or pattern to give you outfit a wow factor even before people see what is underneath.
4. GOLD : If you do not like to wear gold, learn to wear gold this year. BIG GOLD PIECES are great to accessorize with, but you can also get a gilded skirt or blazer for great appeal.
5. Experiment with textures. DIfferent prints. Different colors. These are all things that can seperate you from the pack this season. I love soft things, and the softer it is the better it looks. Colors are big at any time, especially in the winter. Gem tons are awesome, and you can get a lot of wear from them. Do not get caught up in blacks and red, try something different. Mix and Match your colors with patterns that are fun and interesting. Leopard is always in and matches great with almost any color scheme. ** TRY A PLAID for a little old fashion extras (but stick to one plaid piece paired with something solid)**